Winter scientific trip of the Foundation: a new traditionIn the period from February 24 to February 26, a scientific trip took place near Yaroslavl for the first time, timed to coincide with the reporting events of student research groups following the results of the fall semester.
The place was not chosen by chance, in memory of the great mathematician Andrei Nikolaevich Kolmogorov, who grew up in Yaroslavl. This year marks the 120th anniversary of his birth.
The participants of the scientific trip were representatives of student research groups, joint specializations of the Foundation and partner faculties of Moscow State University, as well as postgraduate students and scholarship recipients of the Foundation.
The following student scientific groups presented their results of scientific research:
- "Models of stochastic volatility" under the direction of Mikhail Zhitlukhin and Charles-Henri Rubine;
- «Optimal control in decentralized finance» under the leadership of Rostislav Berezovsky;
- "Factor Analysis and Forecasting" under the direction of Rodion Latypov, Egor Postolit, Anton Belyakov;
- «Pricing & hedging of derivatives on proprietary indices» under the leadership of Vladimir Shangin, Yerkin Kitapbaev;
- "Currency market making" under the leadership of Vadim Meshcheryakov and Aleksey Zaitsev.
After the presentations of student scientific groups, poster sessions were held, where everyone could discuss the results obtained in an informal setting with the authors of the papers.
Within the framework of the scientific trip, there were also speeches by the Foundation's post-graduate scholarship recipients.
The detailed program of the event can be found here.
At the official Closing Ceremony of the scientific trip, the best performances were awarded with prizes:
- "Best presentation" - "Modern quadrature pricing. A primer with the Heston model” by Badma Nasunov, 1st year student of the MSE;
- "Best poster" - "Volatility may pretend to be rough" by Dmitry Sotnikov, 2nd year student of the Master's program at the faculty of Computational Mathematics and Cybernetics; 6th-year student of the Faculty of Mechanics and Mathematics Elizaveta Kulakova and 2nd-year student of the Master's program Nikita Fedyashin of the Faculty of Computer Science of the NRU HSE;
- "People's Choice Award" - "Optimal Liquidity Providing via AMM with concentrated liquidity" 6th year student of the Faculty of Mechanics and Mathematics Aleksey Savin.
The cultural program was also rich, which included an evening with a barbecue, songs with a guitar, joint ice skating and a tour of Yaroslavl and Kolmogorov places.
The Foundation team thanks the leaders and members of student research groups, postgraduate students for the work done. We are proud of your results!
On September 11, the Fall cycle of special courses of the Vega Institute Foundation in fundamental mathematics and mathematical finance starts. Courses are held online, with free access for students of Russian universities. You can register for the course until October 9 inclusive.More
On Sunday, December 11, the opening of the 2nd Chernomorskaya School of Financial Mathematics for students of Russian universities took place, it will be held in a unique quantaton format. The school was co-organized by the Vega Institute Foundation and Sirius University.More
On Thursday, November 17, Chief Executive Officer, Head of Quantitative research of VTB Bank, Candidate of Physical and Mathematical Sciences Kirill Klimov will open a series of review lectures for 2nd year students of the Faculty of Mechanics and Mathematics of Moscow State University.More
On Wednesday, October 19, the first meeting was held as part of the regular Seminar of the Department of Probability Theory of the Lomonosov Moscow State University, organized with the support of the Vega Institute Foundation.More
In the fall semester 2022, 5 student research groups will conduct their work under the guidance of leading experts from the scientific world and industry. 37 selected students became members of the groups. Competition in groups reached 2 people per place.<br>More
On Saturday, September 24, as part of the upcoming selection campaign, a series of meetings-presentations of student research groups of the Vega Institute Foundation will be held, which are designed to help students decide on their choice of research.More
On Sunday, August 21, the opening ceremony of the annual summer school in financial mathematics for senior students took place in the Kochubey training center (Pushkin, St. Petersburg). The event is held by the Vega Institute Foundation. 40 participants from 6 cities of Russia have arrived to the school.More
On September 03, 2022, the fall cycle of special courses of the Vega Institute Foundation in fundamental mathematics and mathematical finance starts. Courses are held online, with free access for students of Russian universities.More